Fire retarding material

Mother in Law has bought a cooker for her kitchen.

It is gas operated and the installers refused to install it as the wall behind was varnished wood and was regarded as a fire risk.

If a formica type sheet was screwed to the wood, would this be OK?

Colin

Reply to
cojack

Try tiles instead: best fireproofing there is, almost.

Reply to
Bob H

How about fire-retardant varnish or paint?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Not usually, plasterboard would do or as someone has already suggested

- tiles.

Reply to
Peter Parry

There seem to be some people who have a kind of weird metal behind their cookers with a honeycombed structure at the wall side, fraid I don't know what its called though.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just a mere storage heater has already cracked formica so I think this tends to warp with heat and crack.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Get a pink plasterboard (fire rated) and cut it to fit - it doesn't matter if it's in pieces, then tile directly onto this

Reply to
Phil L

the approved stuff is masterboard - the modern replacement for asbestos board. You cant paint that or tile it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , cojack writes

Try Rod Speed - he's well retarded