Subject Author Posted Replies

Quality of different makes of digital verniers?
Hi all general question - are the 'professional' makes of digital vernier (I'm thinking of Mitutoyo) significantly better accuracy-wise than the cheaper brands that you can get in Aldi/Lidl etc? Given...
24
24

non-woke
Ah, the 20th century. What a crazy time for the advertising business on both TV and in magazines. Who would believe today that the Flintstones would be advertising both cigarettes and beer? But...

gosh
Jack Pizzey tells the amazing story of Mrs Mary Anderson, an 84 year-old camping enthusiast who keeps two caravans (they're Birmingham tourers, since you asked) in her house. She sleeps in one and...
1
1

They’re already obsolete.
Cities are investing billions in new sewage systems. They’re already obsolete. by Diana Kruzman, Mar 08, 2022, Northeast Ohio’s Cuyahoga River bisects the city of Cleveland, winding its way past...

ater crisis to realize its urbanization potential
Cities without sewers - solving Indonesia’s wastewater crisis to realize its urbanization potential by PREVOST, THAPA & ROBERTS, Feb. 17, 2020, World Bank Blogs Indonesia, the world’s 4th most...

Why do I get the feeling...
That the current access methods might vanish shortly? (i.e. nose in the trough while it is still there!) "Coming soon: BSI Knowledge After nearly 20 years of service, BSOL will be replaced by BSI...
11
11

Alkaline cell behaviour
I've bought JCB alkaline AA and AAA cells for several years, from Home Bargains which have given generally good service. Almost everything needs more than one, so the rule is to swap the lot when new...
15
15

litres and mpg
We buy fuel in litres but still talk about milos per gallon. Whats the metric equivalent any way ?
27
27

capacitor discharge time
I have an electric recliner (British Heart Foundation £110). The psu is quite a bulky thing. The power is disconnected when the room is not in use. When I bring to room into use, probably after...
17
17

Does paint stripper remove enamel paint?
Will conventional paint stripper remove enamel paint as well as acrylic and normal gloss/emulsion paint that it is advertised as being for? We have a house-name sign on our gate, embossed letters on a...
8
8

Bluetooth receiver for remote
I am looking for a bluetooth remote control for a device, and want it to control my tv and amplifier. My Amplifier, a pioneer vsx930 is IR controlled by it's own remote and wondered if any bluetooth...
14
14

OT Who is the best at spunking away money?
The prison service are not bad. 1. HMP Full Sutton - no escort for the second time in a row and we charge £500 for a failed visit [1]. 2. HMP Moorlands - no escort for the 1st visit, but there was...
10
10

TinyURL not working
When I try to check a TinyURL that I've just created and/or pasted into a message or document, I get an error message from TinyURL saying 'Error: Unable to find URL to redirect to.' Is anyone else...
7
7

BBC4 HD Seems to have appeared on the Midhurst xmitter
But nothing is being broadcast. Samsung channel listing says "coming back soon" or something. We usually have to wait for about 2 years before what the rest of the country gets, is broadcast from...
16
16

Kg v pound
Today, the buses are back on the road, so rather than using the car or walking, I was able to take a trip to a local market where I spotted several traders had boycotted kilogram pricing for pound...
240
240