Greedy Bastards

Hi John,

We're getting in touch because the minimum term of your Home Broadband plan ends on 29 November 2023. At that point the cost of your monthly package will change from £37.51 to £43.51 a month - annual price changes will still apply, please check our website for current details.

Plusnet is only £25 for the same service....all part of BT

Reply to
sid

Though if you move to Plusnet now, they won't provide any phone line, just broadband.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I haven't used a phone line for several years, but looks as I have recently been paying for one.

Reply to
sid

Until recently you didn't have any choice, cancel the phone line, and you internet was cancelled. Whilst Plusnet does not use Indian call centres is just the same as BT in many ways..

... recently I received this :-

Your broadband (Unlimited Fibre Extra) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 13th April 2023.

When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £33.60 to £47.54. Annual price changes apply.

But don't worry, we have some great offers for you - even new customers can't get better. Take advantage of one of these deals to continue getting the great value award-winning service from us at Plusnet. Once you get to the end of your contract, you can leave free of charge, and either switch to another provider or cancel your service by giving us 14 days' notice. If you'd like to talk to us about your options give us a call on 0800 587 1943 or check out your exclusive deals below.

.... I left , free of charge....

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

When I recently renewed my Plusnet FTTC broadband it would have cost £1 per month more if I had not had the phone service as well.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I received a very similar email in April. I clicked on the 'renewal deals' tab of their website, and managed to re-contract at a couple of quid per month, _less_ than I'd been paying.

It's like a fruit machine....

Reply to
Mark Carver

There is a marginal advantage too. Having decided we had no use for a landline, we switched to Plusnet and saved a lot of cash. My son did the same from a Plusnet with phone to a without phone account. Both of us got am immediate small increase in line speed from around 67Mbps to 71 Mbps.

Reply to
Bob Henson

For future reference (my contract with Plusnet still has a while to run) which ISP did you move to, and was it a much better deal?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I moved to Zen full fibre for the internet and voipfone.co.uk for phone. Its more expensive than the equivalent Plusnet but no price rises for the duration of the contract.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

When BT moved us to fibre we lost the land line, and gained an IP phone.

Shortly afterwards we dumped the IP phone, just making sure both our mobiles can make wifi calls. BT give us 30% off for my wife having an EE phone. ICBA to work out if I can do better - I know not _much_ better.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris