Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking WC connector
Just replaced a leaking WC connector using one of these things: ) However, there still seems to be a slight drip getting bast the rubber fins ie at the 'male' end of the connector. I followed the...
4
4

Leak testing a conservatory?
Whilst conservatories obviously don't lend themselves too well to winter us e we do nevertheless (have to) use ours on occasion. With a wet radiator an d a radiant electric wall heater it can be made...
3
3

My Makita 18v Ni-Cd Drill-driver just died
Had just slapped in a re-charged battery - the motor spun for a second and then nothing. Could it be the carbon brushes? No experience of repairing electric motors, and everything seems to be...
11
11

Communication problem?
Just had a 'special offer' e mail from Toolsatan; And a new Wickes catalogue with this offer on the front; Since they are both owned by Travis Perkins you would think they would talk to each other....
15
15

New sink leaks
and Even with another washer and silicon the water just comes out of the waste around the plug hole and the sink and at the bottom. So which bit do we take back, or do we just take it all back...
12
12

Stupid pressurised heating systems
I'm fed up with this junk. Boiler and heating system only four years old but it lost pressure twice today and I had to do the manual top-up on the boiler. The second time the pressure went to down...
22
22

The Torbeck Valve? (GRRRRR!)
Is there any long-term solution to the regular trouble given by these when they won't shut off; maybe by replacement with the traditional ball valve and float?
17
17

update products set price=34.99...screwfix screws itself..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/10594318/Screwfix.com-price-glitch-reduces-all-items-to-34.99.html
2
2

When to strip a gate
Hello. I have a big old oak gate that was painted black about 20 years ago, and the paint is now flaking off. My plan is to strip it all off and paint again, or seal etc. depending on how much of the...
16
16

combie boiler,hot water sometimes
Hi, as above.Got a new pressure valve fitted months ago,hot water tap runs at a very slow pace and now and again runs cold in the kitchen sink sometimes also in the shower,not nice ,any suggestions...
4
4

Glass break sensor
Do (burglar alarm) glass break sensors work well? I was thinking of buying some of that tape that sticks on the window that I recall from days gone by but now everyone seems to be selling what appear...
10
10

OT; And now live from.....
Just been watching BBC News South East. 1st story was about a girl injured at an Ashford school by a thrown pencil. Cut to 'live' reporter standing outside closed school. Next was the fracking debate...
38
38

Satisfied with this supplier
Recently found Miles Tool and Machinery Centre when looking for Dremel stuff. Prices very competitive. Delivery of the dremel machine by DPD and subsequent order of small items by post very speedily....
3
3

sealing a pin hole leak in a water butt
What would be the best way to seal such a hole. When the butt is fill the water comes out in a fine stream. Once the butt is about 3/4 full it no longer leaks. On empting and removing the butt it is...
20
20

Telegraph pole stay
Possibly DIY, possibly not. :-) There's a BT telegraph pole adjacent to my house. It is supported by a stay which is anchored on my land. The anchor is in the middle of an area that I want to use for...
81
81