Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Wind power failing again
Now producing 0.6% of our requirements. Old gas-fired stations being brought back on line. Meanwhile reliable old nuclear carries on producing 7.5GW, day in, day out. Perhaps harry can tell us where...

K Rend
This is what they seem to be using for render round here Three houses in this road have knocked off the old render, seen that the brick faces were buggered, and chosen this option. Seems like the...
6
6

Anyone to supply National grid with 500 Megawatts on Weds?.
The UK power industry provides more electricity generation capacity after a request from the National Grid.
27
27

Removing plastic tap handle
I have a bath tap with an acrylic plastic handle. The handle is held in place with a screw in the centre of the top. Above the screw there is a recessed plastic disk (red or blue). Any suggestion as...
9
9

Parking Penalties are OK
The Supreme Court has today dismissed the appeal by Beavis and has said, if I've read it correctly, that the £85 penalty is reasonable. Peter
2
2

OT:OMG - Indesit web site ...
Is *built* on Flash ! It's days are surely numbered. Off to Bosch for me.
4
4

Economy 7 & Washing machines
OK so I've read the 7hot/cold argument and with my machine also right next to a gas boiler I'd prefer to have both hot & cold as the wash would be quicker and cheaper. But now what really gets me is...
44
44

Non-stick - flaking off ...
So I have a bunch of loaf tins that were non-stick, but after a shockingly low period of use they coating is coming off. They were cheap, tins, so I guess I paid for what I got... However - wondering...
19
19

OT unexpected ebay login - I'm in the UK but ebay switches to US site every time I click "My Ebay"
I'm in the UK but ebay switches to US site every time I click "My Ebay". Any idea why? I *think* I did look at an item in the US a while back, so that may have caused this - but how to get back to the...
7
7

Catch up
I've not been active for a while but over the last few days I have been rekindling my interest in the group. Some of the old regulars are still in evidence, some are seemingly not. Does Geoff of CET...
30
30

Suction puller tool
There is a tool called an iSclack: This is a proprietary tool designed for opening specific models of iPhones. That's all very well, but I wonder if there's a more generic suction tool for pulling...
2
2

Anybody created a pre-heat DHW cylinder
My solar PV system, produces a significant amount of unused electricity. I have a Thermal store based heating system .... providing mains pressure DHW off one heat exchanger and underfloor heating...
31
31

[OT] Cooking, particularly chicken
Well, we're doing the cooking ourselves ... Wifey made coq au vin in the slow cooker, using chicken legs and thighs, then cooled it, and froze. Subsequently defrosted and thoroughly reheated. It was...
28
28

Hot and cold fill washing machines
About 3 months ago, her machine started to throw itself around the kitchen. I guessed at falling off weights as it's a pig to remove it and left it alone. Having listened to her noises getting louder,...
117
117

Air conditioning Q.
The villain known as "the solar panel man" is fitting panels this week for which I truly appreciate all your subsidy contributions... ;) I'm now trying to get my head around Air conditioning to make...