Front door video intercoms

Has anyone experience of these wired systems . I've been looking at installing a 2 x 90 degree camera, white led lit with 8 x 8in 4 x 3 format white/beige coloured monitor system with intercom facility and with electronic/keyfob unlocking. I can't find a system that goes beyond

6 x 7 inch monitors 16 x 9 format. What is the limit on the number of monitors?
Reply to
Capitol

Is this for multiple flats (multiple call buttons) or within the same house? There is usually no limit on the total number of monitors, but usually only one can be active at the same time.

You may be better looking at audio-only door entry system and using a separate video splitter to feed individual monitors (or feed the CCTV video into the TV distribuition systyem)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Single house. includes workshop and garage. All monitors are active simultaneously, but only one door camera intercom is selected. Intercom between monitors is required.

Reply to
Capitol

I don't think any of the standard door entry intercoms will meet your need for large, multiple monitors. You'll probably need to have your cameras feed a video splitter then run a coax or one pair Cat5 to each separate screen.

For the intercom, Entryphone "Plan 3" will do what you need, eg

and as Entryphone is British made and well supported you can probably get relays to activate camera switching when someone presses the door call, if required.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have fitted Ferax and Videx systems. However I have not fitted something that matches your spec. You have to remember that most of the systems I fit have already been designed for the company I install them for.

Have a look at the Videx web site and email me if you need any info that needs you to be logged in.

Reply to
ARW

Sorry - it's Fermax I am registered with not Videx.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks for the input. The systems I am looking at are similar to:-

But without the recording function, as this is provided by my CCTV system which I would tie the door cameras into. I can find 7 inch monitor systems with up to 6 monitors but 8 inch units are only up to 4 monitors as far as I can see. 7 inch monitors don't give the view she wants. She wants to be able to see who is at the door from 5 rooms and I want to see events when I'm in the garage or workshop. It makes sense to go up to possibly 9 monitors in total, whilst suffering to install the system! Fortunately most of the wiring ducts already exist with enough space to add a few more wires or repurpose a cat 45 or 2. The cctv door camera is uhf distributed but not instantaneous in action, you have to have the TV switched on and on the correct channel.

Reply to
Capitol