Paint for laminated doors

I've got 6 fairly large (2.4m x 0.5m) laminated chipboard doors that need painting. At the moment, they're painted with what seems to be emulsion - it scrapes off quite easily. It's mid-green matt, and I intend to paint them a lighter beige type colour.

Any suggestions for preparation and paint?

Reply to
RJH

Alkyd gloss.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Immediate problem is getting the stuff that's already on off . . .

Reply to
RJH

People often remove what comes off readily, and leave what doesn't. Alkyd is the usual household gloss. Dulux & Leyland are good. Leyland topcoat has little white content so the undercoat needs to be 100%.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr