Subject Author Posted Replies

Connecting rainwater downpipe to an inspection chamber
For several reasons, the only way to deal with my blocked soakaway is to sneakily connect the rainwater downpipe into an adjacent inspection chamber. Three questions: 1 - The chamber is rectangular...
13
13

Re: OT Overhead power wires....
jim scribbled You call the Lecci campany.
17
17

Ideal Logic Combi Boiler Installation Question
Hi I am a little confused... I am about to install a 3 zone heating system (Living, Kitchen, Bedrooms) u sing 2 way values and nest thermostats for each zone. I have recently had an ideal Logic 30...
5
5

Router Tips
Did a bunch of routing, rounding over for safe handling, but the results we re a bit mixed. Routers are one tool I seldom use, so am something of a beg inner with them. I thought round would look...
20
20

OT: Bronze age wheel design
Anyone care to speculate as to why there's a circular hole (of unknown depth) drilled near the rim and why the centre of the wheel looks to have a large oval hole that's been filled. Just curious. Tim
40
40

Project Planner?
Years since I had any need of one, but something simple like the old Microsoft Project would be good. Don't need massive planning and rescheduling, or sharing resources over multiple projects, or........
6
6

bye bye news.virginmedia.com?
Second day with no access, but no announcement that it's being dropped. Ah well, I'm beginning to prefer Google Groups anyway.
43
43

"We have vays of making you torx"
Installed a Bosch integrated dishwasher yesterday. All the screws provided were T20 Torx head. You really need that ability to cope with huge torque when fixing thin brackets to plastic moldings or...
27
27

Bloom on wet exterior varnish
We've had a new porch & door fitted recently but we noticed the other day that the varnish on the sill beneath the door develops a white "bloom" when it gets wet. What's causing this? Is it a problem?...
3
3

Volt stick
May be handy for a few DIYers if there any left (some are). Not a match on the Fluke but for £2.44 for DIY use! http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ms8902h-ac-voltage-detector-pen/88495
18
18

Magnesium sulphate
What is the chemistry behind regenerating old lead/acid batteries?
20
20

Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time
His 15 year old girlfriend is 28 weeks pregnant. The daft sod.
192
192

Lock bit - what's it called?
What's the name of the circular trim part that goes round the cylinder of a rim nightlatch to finish it off on the outside? An escutcheon, perhaps (although they usually go round keyholes). And can...
3
3

DIY drain CCTV
Has anyone used one of those £20 or so drain camera jobs I've seen on eBay? Any use? Think we need our main drain checked. Alternatively any recommendations for a firm that operates in N/E London....
3
3

G-Force Vacuum Cleaners
Looking for something light weight and have seen these advertised. Anyone any experience? Have dogs and have used Dysons for many years but SWMBO is now finding them a bit heavy especially the ball...
6
6