For Nick and the other climate nuts.

When they do this sort of thing how can you believe what they say?

dennis

Simon Mason

Are you claiming that you can't download the data and reproduce the results? Or are you just trying to divert attention?

Reply to
dennis

Not a climate nut, but I do believe that if the earth is getting marker faster in the face of the facts that the sun is not hotter, and we are not living through a sudden increase in volcano activity, then there has to be a reason for it. The problem is that sifting data to match your own beliefs works for the climate 'nuts' and the folk who think its not proven. However should we not be actually saying that if we care about the next generation at all, we should at least try to stop our contributions to what is scientifically proven to increase temperature by trapping heat. The earth to some extent is self regulating but its not able to cope with a fast rise or fall in the temperature and hence nasty effects can and do occur. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ahh, the scare the shit out of them environmental argument! harry uses the same one against nuclear. Others use it against fracking.

best to ignore them as they don't know what they are talking about.

Reply to
dennis

Reply to
harry

You can relax, because actually it isn't getting marker. I guess you meant warmer.

When you dig down to the raw data you find that since 2000 there has actually been no significant warming at al;l. It hasn't got any colder, true, but it hasn't got any warmer in any statistically significant way.

As far as a reason for it, goes, that is also based in very suspect logic.

Just as we get dull days rainy days and sunny days and stormy days and calm days, so too we get periods of climate that are variable. The 'reason' lies in the inherent nature of 'climate'. WE have just had an Le Niño event that popped a warm spike into 2016. Its now heading back the other way towards a fairly cold winter for the Northern Hemisphere.

La Niñas 'cause' el Niños and vice versa. Its in et nature of chaotic non linear systems with time delayed feedback (ocean warming and cooling) to behave as quasi-periodic oscillators all by themselves.

Famines are caused by the overpopulation that results from times of plenty. Its easy to set up a spreadsheet to work out what happens. At very low reproductive rates, well longer than other effects, you can get stable populations, but if populations breed very rapidly then they will breed into starvation, and if the process of feeding destroys next years seed crops as well, you will get booms and busts in populations. Its all in the feedback.

And these are not periodic 'cycles' its what looks like plain random noise.

Indeed, that's why its important to look at all the data, and keep an open mind until such time as te probable truth emerges. I never set out to challenge global warming, or indeeed renewable energy.

I was set on that path by a chance remark, that I, as a qualified electrical engineer, felt seemed wrong. Basically in the efficacy and cost of 'renewable energy'. I uncovered what amounted in my book to deliberate fraud (although you needed to BE an electrical engineer to spot it), sold on thet basis that renewable energy would lower emissions (which is hardly does at all) in the western world, where it hardly matters, to solve the problem of 'climate change' which the more I looked into it, the more it seemed to actually not be a problem at all, and certainly not one we could do anything about.

Why? First of all the amount of heat trapped directly by CO2 is minuscule. Without the added feedback of the models it really is simply noise. And the data to support the feedbacks simply does NOT exist.

This is the trick of the warmists. Yes, the phsyics is real, but that doesn't make AGW real. But they say 'if you deny AGW, you deny the physics' That's when you *know* you are dealing with fraud and dishonesty. The likes of James Delingpole arrived at the same conclusions purely by examining the logic of the arguments used by warmist. They were full of bad logic, non sequiturs, and false assumptions. And they were being voiced by people who had to know better.

Secondly when the earth has been a couple of degrees warmer, civilisations have flourished in places that are now semi or actual deserts.

So whats not to like about a little global warming?

Actually, it is able to cope with large fluctuations in radiation input, because its got a huge thermal mass in the oceans, and the cloud acts as negative feedback anyway.

What hasn't happened are any large fluctuations in temperature, except the massive and sudden drop post El Nino over the last two months.

In the 1950s, I sued to walk to school over frost covered fields in November and December. Today, there are frost covered fields...nothing has changed.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's all a *GIANT* con-game designed to fleece us out of *even more* taxes.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom