Subject Author Posted Replies

Removal of Blu-Tack?
A 17-y-o friend has contrived to get Blu-Tack, now semi-dried, on the inside of a leather or pseudo-leather belt, trousers for the holding of up with. I've looked at Bostik's Blu-Tack Web pages, at...
5
5

Car bag-dehumidifier
Do the de-humidifier bags that sit on a car dashboard work? Do you have to dry them out regularly? OR what?
8
8

First radiator bleed of the year ...
And was surprised that a few radiators (admittedly the taller ones for bathroom, and cloakroom) had quite a bit of air in - so much that the boiler pressure (which has held steady at 1.5 bar over...
5
5

OT: nixie tubes
Chap is annoyed that big nixie tubes are no longer available, so decides to start making them himself ... I like the lab equipment by IKEA, you can see why the first run of finished six digit clocks...
32
32

Radiator problem
One radiator on the top floor of my house remained cold when I turned on the heating today. I bled it, and a large amount of air came out. The radiator became hot, and I thought the problem was...
8
8

Wrought Iron Rust
I moved into a previously owned house that has many decorative wrought iron items, including a swinging entry gate. As expected, many have rust. Given the numerous "nooks and crannies", how does one...
33
33

Plume management
Hmmm...Extension built, now the exhaust from the Worcester boiler steams the bedroom window up. Also, I wouldn't like to have the window open. So, a plume management kit looks like the thing to do....
3
3

OT: electric adjustable bed needed
A disabled friend of mine is looking for a single bed that's electrically a djustable in height and has the ability to raise the top of the mattress to a sitting-up position. There's no shortage of...
6
6

ALDI wet/dry vacuum
Got round to unpacking the beast. Excellent for

syphonic wc
I've come across another of these, last one I fixed a leak in the aspirator tube with roofing sealant. This one has a cracked cistern and the aspirator will not fit in the new cistern plus I think the...
5
5

Workshop vacuum cleaner recommendations?
Any recommendations for a workshop vacuum for the following? - typical sawdust extraction from power tools - sucking up sand, cement dust and lumps from between bricks - quiet enough to be used in a...
31
31

Anybody using a HIVE Active Heating Thermostat?
Hello, Is there anybody out there using one of these HIVE Active Heating thermostats. Are they any cop? I have 2 heating zones; one controlled by a byzantine Danfoss controller and the other by an...
16
16

Weird gas consumption OVO SM
On a Smart Gas meter and able to look on line at the consumption for year, month, week and individual days... We are away from home this week, boiler is off, we have no pilot lights so their should be...
17
17

Wanted - mini acrow prop (or two)
I'm after something like an Acrow prop but with a length in the range of, say, 10 to 30cm. Is there such a thing? A scissor jack or a small hydraulic jack might work but they both have disadvantages:-...
14
14

max span 2.5" timber?
Have an amount of 2.5" x 2.5" softwood timber aquired with new premises. Building an internal shed for a couple of noisy machines, would like to use top of `shed ` as storage, take weigt of couple of...
13
13