Slim (very slim?) rocker switches

I need some rocker switches that I can mount in thin[nish] panels sucj that they don't stick out of the back of the panel. So I need switches with a maximum depth of 1/2" or so. Much of the problem with most switches is simply the projecting terminals at the back, the switch itself without projections might almost fit. So a switch where I can bend the terminals almost flush with the back of the switch might be slim enough.

The switches don't have to handle much voltage or current, they're for switching 12 volt LEDs.

Reply to
Chris Green

I seem to recall something like this in a shop that sold supplies for model making but where you would find such a shop these days is anyones guess, hobby shops seem to have all but vanished. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That may well do for the internal contacts of the switch. Most need at least 20mm depth behind them often 25mm. Best I can think of would be some kind of DIY using magnetic reed switches and Nd magnet tape.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Plenty of slide switches which would fit...

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

In message , Chris Green writes

Would an architrave light switch suffice?

Reply to
Graeme

Yes, but not very handy for light switches.

I've been using mains 'in-line' switches which were OK but they're beginning to fall apart.

Reply to
Chris Green

If it was a fraction of the size of all the ones I've seen so far, yes! :-) All the ones I have seen seem to be about 1" x 1" x 4", my existing (but beginning to fall apart) in-line switches are nearer .5" x 0.5" x 2".

Reply to
Chris Green

Slider switches would be easier to find for that confined space.

Reply to
Martin Brown

If you can fit one to a plate yourself, I'd look at the various electronic suppliers like CPC. Rocker switches for equipment. They come in a big range of shapes and sizes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've searched through CPC, Rapid and others. The rocker switches are all very similar, 20mm round hole and needing about 25mm (maybe a bit less) depth behind the panel.

I had hoped to find something with side connections but I then realised (of course) that connections on the sides won't go through the panel hole!

Reply to
Chris Green