Mechanical timers for electric power?

I'm looking for the sort of thing I have on a worktop oven, knob which you rotate to turn the power on and it winds down on clockwork, giving you a maximum of 1 hour power. Ideally capable of switching 13A, but it would be easy enough to add a relay.
For reasons I won't bore you with, I'd rather not have anything electronic.
TIA
On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 18:08:03 UTC+1, newshound wrote:

you need a dead microwave.
NT
Or an old tumble dryer, mine has a month minute mechanical timer
newshound has brought this to us :

Bull Electrical always used to be good for these types of unusual things.. http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/www.bullnet.co.uk/shops.html
Their web site seems not to be well maintained now, numerous broken links.
On 11/07/2017 18:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Is this what you want, BUT made in HongKong and 2 pin.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC220V-50HZ-10A-30-60-120Min-Mechanical-Timer-Switch-Countdown-Control-Socket-DY-/282387633103?var=&hash=item41bf9d53cf:m:mEyh0vu9y6RL4v7enlZbhtQ
On 11/07/2017 18:43, ss wrote:

Or this from B&Q................
http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-1-hour-mechanical-timer/800766_BQ.prd?ecamp=Seapla&ppc_type=shopping&ds_kids 700020189866510&gclidIaIQobChMI7bDno-SB1QIV67DtCh24kANlEAQYAiABEgIpD_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds.ds&dclid=CKK5xarkgdUCFUWhUQodkKMPOg
On 7/11/2017 6:47 PM, ss wrote:

Thanks, I really wanted something to be permanently wired in. Obviously, I could canibalise the Chinese one.
writes

Well their 24hr mechanical timers are shite.
--
bert

And AU plug.

On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 18:27:06 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

A total of 5 products listed. Everything else is broken or 3rd party links. They used to be useful decades ago, though hardly respectable.
NT
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:07:59 +0100, newshound

Sounds like something they had in billiard halls for the lights.
I wonder if those pneumatic light switches used in the common areas of flats can be adjusted or modified for 1 hour delay.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:47:51 +0100, Graham. wrote:

They can be adjusted but at the longer end of the delay time are very sensitive to the adjustment screw. ie it'll change when fixed back to the wall box...
Can you get motor driven 1 hour plug in timers? They are normally 24hr. Grab the guts of one of those and rewire the motor to the switched side. Turn it so it switches on, it'll run until it switches off.
--
Cheers
Dave.

There are these which are pneumatic and factory-set, apparently go up to 90 mins: http://www.green-plug.co.uk/
They work OK. Though I'd say their advantages are more in the sense of having a plug that's reasonably obvious to use and can't be trivially defeated by the user, rather than the superiority of pneumatics over electronics.
(the site has a certain degree of greenwash too)
Theo
Theo wrote:

    RS do a run down mechanical 2 hour timer Can be set for shorter time periods. I use one for a bathroom fan.
On 7/13/2017 9:42 PM, Capitol wrote:

Yes thanks, someone else pointed that one out. It wasn't at all obvious that it could be set for shorter periods, that will make it ideal.

Anyone got one which will automatically cut off the wife's phone calls after 59 minutes?
--
bert

On 7/13/2017 10:21 PM, bert wrote:

Our phone bills went down when she discovered FB messenger. And, amazingly, she doesn't get through 1000 texts a month.
On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 18:08:03 UTC+1, newshound wrote:

That exact thing is avaavailable from catering equiequipment spares suppliers eg http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131217553068
Owain

Pity about the price.
On 7/11/2017 6:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Thanks, link noted for future reference. Bit expensive though given that my little oven was only about £40. And it doesn't even come with a knob!