Carrier which will accept items containing sealed batteries

Following on from the packing for shipping, one of the items has batteries sealed in.

Looking at DPD they apparently don't carry anything containing batteries.

Any recommendations for UK carriers which will accept items with sealed batteries?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

ISTR the PO do as long as they're in an appliance. ICBW though.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They do, but only if sent from a corporate account normally. (have had delivery of many laptops etc via them).

CPC seem to use UPS for more "risky" stuff. Not sure what their end user policy is though.

Reply to
John Rumm

Unless they are sending them by air, why should this matter? Presumably something to do with exploding smart phones? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Royal Mail will take them like that. It's when you tell them that the batteries are separate, they raise their eyebrows.

Reply to
Graham.

I was half expecting to be challenged when I posted a spare phone to one of my lads the other day, and very pleased to find that I wasn't.

Reply to
newshound

CollectPlus' T&C don't say lithium batteries are prohibited.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Royal Mail.

Chris Bartram

I think you are correct. The reason PO are so sensitive is that they fly a lot of post around the UK so have to comply with aviation regulations.

Reply to
bert

Do what virtually everyone else does. Lie.

Reply to
Huge

restricted-goods---uk

Thanks - (substantially) less than 5kg of batteries.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Only one minor issue, of course.

The value of the package is around £500. It will obviously need to be insured, and I am assuming that should something go wrong and I have to claim, trying to claim for a device which is illegal to ship by the terms of the carrier may prove an obstacle.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

At that level you are probably better off hiring a driver and a van.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ahhh. Point taken.

Reply to