Pipe clips.

If I ever find a plumber... the plan is to use surface mountings for the boiler flow and return pipes. Pipe insulation sleeves look to be 19mm thick. Plastic pipe clips appear too short for this to work. Stand offs need a lot of fiddly fitting.

Anyone come across a tall plastic stand off clip in 22mm?

Also, what is a sensible spacing? Insulation comes in 1m lengths which seems overlong for an otherwise unsupported pipe.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Scrub that! 1.2m horizontal spacing according to the engineering toolbox!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I was going to say that 22 mm pipe is pretty rigid, you'll get away with

1 metre. I've fitted split insulation over pipe on standard clips, you can sort of pinch the splits into the space between the pipe and the wall.
Reply to
newshound

Come to think of it, this was the standard "shed" foam which is thinner (and cheaper) than the proper approved stuff. I wasn't too bothered about heat loss, it was mainly radiator flow and return, with not a particularly long run to the DHW tank.

Reply to
newshound

Late breaking thought.. I'll probably use a timber base anyway, particularly as the chances of finding studs at intervals of one metre are remote. I can then mount the clips on wooden supports which will leave space for thicker insulation.

Reply to
Tim Lamb