Gas pipe close to hot tank pipes in roof space?

I have a 8 foot section of the flow and return to the hot tank clipped to a wall in the a cold roof space (regular attic etc.). The plumber put some clips for the gas pipe below and close (2-3 cm) to these pipes.

I mentioned that it would be hard to insulate the tank pipes with the gas pipe so close - I was intending to wrap some thick insulation around these two 22 mm pipes.

He did not move the clips and so the 22 mm gas supply pipe is about

2-3 cm below the tank pipes. Is it ok to insulate all 3 pipes? Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

I would have thought you could get climaflex onto the pipes with 20-30mm gap? Anyway if you find you need to put insulation over the gas pipe I can't see anything in the gas pipe work BS doc to forbid it.

Electric cables and gas pipes however they must stay apart >25mm

Reply to
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 06:20:54 -0800 (PST) someone who may be nafuk wrote this:-

No need to insulate gas pipes.

The sort of insulation one gets in large orange tin sheds should fit into a 2-3cm gap with ease. That should be enough for most lofts in the UK.

Reply to
David Hansen

I'd say it's better not to insulate gas pipes in case people then think they are water pipes.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

As a reminder, I put yellow ("mustard") PVC tape around the gas pipe, blue round the cold pipe, and red around the hot pipe.

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston