Sick Zanussi

Yes, actually a DIY question...

We've got a fj1254w, and it has developed an annoying fault. Start it up, and it pumps for a while - and then flashes the go button, but does nothing else. It's been intermittent for a while, but today it seems to have become a hard fault.

I suspect the pressure switch for the level. Except there are two. And they are £40-50 each on a quick google.

The pipes that feed them seem to be clear - I blew down them, and they seemed OK.

Does anyone know where I might find a service manual for the thing?

Ta Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Try changing the main motor brushes.

Reply to
Peter Parry

This may be a total red herring, but we had a similar fault, and it was the door-closed limit switch not making. Might be worth checking. If not, sorry.

I have had occasional manuals from Mauritron, and there are other sources I have seen mentioned, but not used.

Reply to
Davey

Here... Coat... Door... Get out!

Pressure switches of my aquaintance have never been more than microswitches built into an actuating device so a quick run over with a test meter should show what's what.

Reply to
Scott M

+1

You should hear them "click" as you blow down the pipe. They usually have a one pole, two way switch so once you identify which is the common terminal, it's easy to check with a multimeter whether they are performing as expected.

Plenty of generic new ones under £20 on eBay.

Reply to
newshound

My money would be on that too.

Reply to
newshound

Agreed. I think I have had one fail, compared to several sets of brushes over the past 45 years or so.

Reply to
newshound

One of them was a funny electronic thing.

Not the motor brushes, nor the door switch; it tried to pump out for a bit, then sulked.

IAC SWMBO decided she wanted a new one, and as there are a number of expensive things I want I let her :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris