USB plug ID

Maginon SZ 24 camera and I would seem to have lost or mislaid the USB charger lead. The same socket serves for an A/V connection and that I have. It is like an horizontally flattened D and probably 4x pins, but difficult to see for sure. Length is height of D, width is the width of the D. Length is smaller than a mini-USB. It has two square corners and two tightly rounded ones.

I have several USB adaptors, but none match. I have also tried to find a match online, but failed - has anyone any ideas please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Maginon SZ 24 camera and I would seem to have lost or mislaid the USB charger lead. The same socket serves for an A/V connection and that I have. It is like an horizontally flattened D and probably 4x pins, but difficult to see for sure. Length is height of D, width is the width of the D. Length is smaller than a mini-USB. It has two square corners and two tightly rounded ones.

I have several USB adaptors, but none match. I have also tried to find a match online, but failed - has anyone any ideas please?

Micro Usb.

Reply to
Drusilla Mitchell

From

Cable is identified as a "8 Pin Camera (Mini USB B)"

Put that phrase into google and all sorts come up, Amazon, Maplin & ebay.

And ...

Adrian Caspersz

If it helps anyone else ID it ..

Reply to
Andy Burns

You could try searching ebay for a charger for that camera. If the plug is smaller that that which you plug into many smart phone then it could be like the one my Panasonic TZ40 uses.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Or some non standard hdmi varient. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Adrian Caspersz expressed precisely :

Thanks, it seems to be quite a common item for cameras generally.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Have you Googled USB? You should be able to find scale drawings of all the various types and identify yours. I'd be surprised if it was a one off special.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Adrian Caspersz explained :

The Spanish site listed it as being suitable for my camera, so I ordered one - rather expensive at over £10, but needs must.

By then cross referencing the list of cameras it would work with, managed to find an alternative item on ebay at £2.89 delivered, so ordered a second one from them, which was delivered this morning. It fitted and works fine.

This one -

Harry Bloomfield