Subject Author Posted Replies

slate roof vent for bathroom extractor
The slates are 10" wide with felt beneath. There is a bewildering choice of plastic vents / cowls including one - Lap Vent - installed from below which would avoid paying a roofer to go up. Anyone...

Cordless drill
Is this any good for a Christmas present? Compact, lightweight and powerful drill / driver Features: Screw diameter up to 8mm. | Always ready to use thanks to Lithium-ion battery technology | Keyless...
20
20

Don't give me any extra screws
7 off instead of 6 off - IS CONFUSING. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUmFOgW8AAGE0E.jpg
2
2

Quick question about service valve flow direction.
Why do service valves (15mm and 22mm) have an arrow indicating direction of flow?
5
5

Always Low Prices!
84p in my local plumbers merchant! Turn your house into a home with Homebase. 🏠 Great deals on outdoor living ✓ Extensive outdoor living & DIY collections ✓ Homebase. Feels good to be home
2
2

Replace MCB with RCBO in Wylex NHRS17SL board?
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board? The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by replacing one...
8
8

Connecting new induction hob.
I am installing a new 4 ring Bosch induction hob to replace a Neff ceramic hob where one of the rings had failed. I was very pleased to find that it fits in the same size hole in the work top. (I had...
8
8

Novel soldering technique
I had to laugh: That ain't gonna work ;-) (even if you ignore the cap in the space silk screened for Q1!) Christmas Gift Store
46
46

Youtube: how a radial engine works
Fantastic model of a 9-cylinder radial engine, shown operating. Part 1: Part 2: Nine Cylinder Radial Engine Explained Video Part 2 http://youtu.be/R71Xhrkc3EQ High speed spin of another build...
18
18

Old loft conversion/refurb
Hi. I'm considering buying a house to refurb and sell on. The roof is knackered and the ceilings of the 80s/90s loft conversion will need to come down and be replaced. Am I obliged to fit current...
5
5

Re: chinky rubbish
Twelve quid ain't so cheap.
4
4

Plumbing tip of the day
Added a new radiator at the weekend, to a vented system which I had recently added new inhibitor. New rad is on top floor and I had laid on the pipework previously, so only a towel rail needed...
9
9

chinese copy dyson hand held vacuum cleaner
these chinese copies are a third of the price. anyone any experience of them ? DIHL CORDLESS 130W Hand held Vacuum Cleaner Rechargeable 21.6V Stick Vac Bagless - £49.99. FOR SALE! Next-day...
12
12

Cyclone dust separators for woodwork
I have a pretty powerful extract system available in my garage (BEAM whole house vac), but this puts huge volumes of shaving & dust down the pipes ?. So thought about installing a Cyclone-separator ?...
11
11

Glasses "smear" ?
Being mildly short sighted, I wear spectacles for driving & TV. My current pair I bought for £14 online in 2012. Despite regular eye checks, my prescription varies so little, opticians have never...
7
7