fireplace help

We moved into an old house a year ago and want to do something with this metal hollow fireplace.I don't want to remove it from the wall but it looks like the surface is peeling away on the back plate and top and has various marks and drip stains.Could this be stripped back with something in situ and would I need to paint or spray over it afterwards to stop rust.I haven't a clue so any input is appreciated!

njhsmee

People gave you replies last week, if you used a better method of newsgroup access than the home-owners-hub website, you would easily see them ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

replying to Andy Burns, njhsmee wrote: so sorry,i didn't realise as I couldn't find the thread and thought it didn't post.Many thanks

Reply to
njhsmee

That's the problem with H-O-H it exists mainly to generate advert revenue on the back of real humans; you could get a 'proper' usenet client ...

or at least use google groups, your original question plus replies is here ...

Reply to
Andy Burns