Scuff marks on avacado stove top

Scuff marks on avacado stove top open original image

I have a vintage avacado ge stove top that seems to be getting scuff marks on it from setting cups or utensils on it. Basically grey marks but not scratches in the surface. Is there a way to get rid of these marks without harming the surface of the stove? Someone said metal polish might remove the marks. But I don't want to damage it if it's not something that can be fixed.

Ely McCown

I have a vintage avacado ge stove top that seems to be getting scuff marks on it from setting cups or utensils on it. Basically grey marks but not scratches in the surface. Is there a way to get rid of these marks without harming the surface of the stove? Someone said metal polish might remove the marks. But I don't want to damage it if it's not something that can be fixed.

Ely McCown

Here's what I use to get come stains off the counter tops:

Alice

+1 on that. Try in in an inconspicuous place. The oxalic acid cuts through a lot of crud.
Reply to
rbowman

On Tue 13 Mar 2018 09:11:58p, Alice told us...

Agreed! I've used this for years and it doesn't scratch.

The gray marks are probablby from utensils or aluminum pans. Once you get it clean, try not to lay objects on the top, but just on the burners.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright