Spares

When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two interlocking concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the builders to leave a couple of spares.

I've never needed them, but today I'm going to shift the position of the soil vent-pipe and reduce it from 110mm to 82mm pipe, to create some extra wriggle room when re-doing the bathroom. I have a new zinc/rubber 'weathering slate' and hopefully I can do this without damaging any tiles, but thought I'd get the spares out just in case ...

... only to find they're not the same type of tile as on my roof anyway, just some junk left behind by the previous owner!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or else they had the roof redone with different tiles. That tends to look daft in a street with all the other houses the same of course!

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

. . .

Before a continental car trip many years ago, I made sure that my kit of bits included a spare fan belt. Some time later, back home, I decided that it was probably time to fit it, only to discover that I had been sold the wrong one. :-(

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

At my last house, left 19 years ago, there were spare tiles, and ridge tiles, in the garage. The window cleaner, ex builder, who installed them to repair storm damage just before I left said that on some contracts they would be told to leave spares.

Reply to
Peter Johnson