Help with Refrigerator

I have a Whilpool 19 cubic ft top freezer refigerator. Model # EHT201VKNR7 s/n: 553714788.

Friday had to move fridge kitchen for installation of tile. Fridge part and freezer was working fine. Moved it into dining room and plugged it in, still everthing worked. It was moved back last night still working fine last night.

It is running and seems to be blowing cold air in freezer and fridge part. But not getting cold enough to keep things cold or freeze anything.

I know this is not a new unit. But up till this moring never had trouble with it. Probably about 15 years old. It seems to be making a funny large drip noise every once in a while. All the dust and dirt is always cleaned off the coils. It is clean now.

Question : Could something have come loose when moving it back to kitchen.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

Hi,

Sure. Might want to check the condensor fan motor ( beside the compressor ) as this might have been bumped during the move and the fan motor is jammed up.

Hopefully the compressor is not clicking on and off!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks, I got it repaired today. The guy said he didn't think the move had anything to do with it. He replaced the the Relay over load and chp (or cup) assy. couldn't read his writing. The noise I heard was the compressor trying to turn on. Running cool now. Cost me $198 probably all labor. But better than buying a new one. He said most of the ones he fixes these days are less than 5 years old. Mine is over 15 years old.

Thanks agian.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

Thanks, I got it repaired today. The guy said he didn't think the move had anything to do with it. He replaced the the Relay over load and chp (or cup) assy. couldn't read his writing. The noise I heard was the compressor trying to turn on. Running cool now. Cost me $198 probably all labor. But better than buying a new one. He said most of the ones he fixes these days are less than 5 years old. Mine is over 15 years old.

Thanks agian.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

Hi,

Thankx for the update!

Relay, overload and possibly the cap ( capacitor ).

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I'm too cheap. I got $130 for the last overload I replaced.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon