Water leak at female copper to male pvc joint

Is it possible that I over thighten the pvc fitting causing it to leak both times that I tried repairing it

Reply to
Rebecca Davis

You haven't said what sort of joint it is. There are several. If it's just a thread, some sort of jollop (or PTFE tape) is required to make it water tight.

It's also possible to over tighten some plastic threads causing a hairline crack.

Reply to
harry

I never found this sort of interface any good. if its a ballcock valve then get a metal one its the only fix. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What kind of fitting are we talking about? What is it joining?

Reply to
John Rumm

When plastic pipe is used in fittings, it requires an insert to prevent the pipe getting deformed, could this be missing? e.g.

Photos might help, and using something other than the home-owners-hub website to reach this newsgroup might help too

Reply to
Andy Burns