Subject Author Posted Replies

Monobloc tap mounting.
I fitted a new monoblock kitchen sink tap yesterday, one from Lidl... ...and very good it is too. However, progress was slowed by having to drill a new hole for the threaded rod. The last two taps...
4
4

Stand by electric fire 'carbon heater'
When our central heating boiler failed we were recently left perishing cold. To forestall this situation again, i have just set about looking at small electric fires as a 'back-up' to heat only one...
28
28

seized grinder nut
I reckon you've got more of an idea than the suggestions so far. I don't see how else you'll lock the spindle. NT
44
44

Car polish (and polishing)
Another RFI from the assembled Experience here ... I recently acquired a 'new' (63 reg) car, and would like to keep it looking shiny for a while at least. It's a solid colour, btw, not metallic. Of...
18
18

uPVC door handles
Hi I have a uPVC door that opens onto an internal wall. The internal lever handle is eventually going to damage the paint/plaster so I am considering my options. I could use a doorstop, but this would...
2
2

Aldi Tevion TV
Any traps in getting into one - I think I may have a bad joint on the aerial socket.
7
7

Roller Shutter Door repair
My son's latest problem is that his house came with a large roller shutter garage door which has been bodge-repaired in the past but which needs further work. The roller is oct(or more)agonal that has...
4
4

Glue/filler for ceramic on hob
I have a hob (and Ilve one) on which one of the mains powered igniters has broken a bit. The section that feeds the spark voltage through the hob metalwork is still sound but the bit above that has...
1
1

Cement for woodburner/stack connection
Nothing :) Probably wrong but there you are. Like you I found that the 'cement' cracked and broke away as there there was no trace of smoke I just left it.
10
10

PICSCOAT
Have any of you used PICSCOAT or similar to tidy up a tarmac drive? If so what did you use? Was it worthwhile? How did well it last? Mike
1
1

Philips Hue Lighting and Amazon Echo
I was given an Amazon Echo (voice controlled internet of things gadget) for Christmas, and have become very impressed. It makes a great voice controlled radio and music player, and frankly is pretty...
13
13

OT Bit of light entertainment
http://newsandbusiness.rogersdigitalmedia.com.edgesuite.net/videos/13639244001/201612/2850/13639244001_5238239279001_5238231028001.mp4
2
2

Logging domestic power consumption?
'Needs must'. It 'isn't hard' with a bit of training / self reading / practice I'm guessing ... none of the things I'm particularly interested in doing for something I've not had need for so far and...
34
34

Taymar blowtorch cartridge replace
Every 20yrs or so I need to do a bit of water pipe soldering - last week being such an occasion as a piece of pipe on the main pressure had a pin-hole leak. Anyhow out comes the old Taymar LG870 and...
20
20

Tool storage moving house to flat
I'm going to be moving from a 3 bed 1930s semi with garage to a one bedroom flat in Victorian house which has massive rooms with high ceilings but not much in the way of storage space for my tools....
25
25