Aldi Tevion TV

Any traps in getting into one - I think I may have a bad joint on the aerial socket.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Nothing that will defeat an angle grinder

Reply to
Roger Mills

Take a look around youtube. There are many videos posted where folks have shown TV disassembly. Screws and Spudgers.

How to open the case of the SA300 Samsung LED Monitor

A blanket on the table is probably the first move.

PSU capacitors might hold a charge.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

The last time I had aerial socket issues on a tv, it turned out to be the socket itself, beingmade of several parts of different material. The crimp, such as it was between them became loose. Very bad design of socket. In the end i wired in a coax fly lead permanently. This was some years ago but from the look of the crap one on the back of my set top box constructions seems to have changed very little over the intervening yeas,

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On most, the aerial socket is mounted directly on the PCB of the tuner assembly. Getting inside that to replace or repair it may not be easy. One answer might be a used tuner from Ebay. Plenty TVs get trashed through being dropped etc and are broken up for spares.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Peeked in and chickened out. Too many wires to the screen need to be disconnected to allow access.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Think you've been unlucky. I've repaired two widescreen LCD TVs fairly recently and both were easy to replace boards on. The chassis is normally on the rear of the screen, so no need to disconnect the screen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
.

Chassis in rear moulding - screen in front frame.

Reply to
DerbyBorn