uPVC door handles

Hi I have a uPVC door that opens onto an internal wall. The internal lever handle is eventually going to damage the paint/plaster so I am considering my options. I could use a doorstop, but this would limit the opening as you have to allow for door flexing when opened quickly/hard. I could replace the internal lever with a pad which might resolve the issue by itself, or could also have a piece of rubber attached. However, pad handles are (so far as I can see) for the outside only. Is there a reason for this, or should I go this route and just drill and countersink the mounting holes? Or, how tricky is it to reverse the door so it opens outwards? I assume this is full removal of frame, but what about hinges and overall weatherproofing. Would this be affected? Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

Not if you fit a projecting door stop to the wall just above or below the handle.

Reply to
Nightjar

True. Doesn't that look a bit w**k when the door is closed though? Unless it was disguised as part of a picture, notice board, etc. Thanks, I'll think about that.

Reply to
Grumps