Yet another smart meter question

T i m's version of speed's "bullshit your way out.."

Reply to
Richard

+843.
Reply to
tabbypurr

Excellent. As long as I'm living rent free in your head ...

Oh whoosh the left brainer ... ;-(

Yeah, of course it is. If that helps you cope mate ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Except Dicky, what Fredex wrote is BS itself so how else could you answer it?

The point is, I could only take him seriously if it wasn't so obvious he was a fanatic ... about something that he's unable to demonstrate isn't just gambling (with other peoples lives) and his guidance merely voices in *his* head (that or racism etc).

What would be interesting is if just one fanatic could put over some pro leaving_the_EU fact but for some reason, none ever have??

But hey, mind you don't hurt yourself jumping onto that loony's bandwagon. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Ah, just not for me you mean? How many Brexit related threads have I started here OOI? Is there no other thread drift?

Thanks.

Ok ...

Yup, many here have their 'thing' and mine happens to be that I'm not willing to roll over and allow people (not just here) think that's it's now a done deal and that everyone was happy with it, or them (and especially how it was conducted). The idea that 'we will now all pull together' re Brexit is pure fantasy.

You could also just think, 'hey, he does have a point and is entitled to his POV' ... and just move on?

Phew, I thought you had lost it there John! There is hope! ;-)

I don't ...

How about this. You get (or try to get) all the fanatic Brexiteers to stop posting *any* Brexit / racist related threads here and I'll have nothing to reply to (on that)?

Why should it be considered my issue if you happen to not see (killfiles, or are happy to skip) 'other peoples' pro Brexit / racist posts but because you see mine, I get the moderation?

Is it that you consider some of my other posts 'coherent, intelligent, and interesting' but nothing I say re the Brexit debacle is?

Maybe rather than simply trying to silence me on such matters, and assuming you do consider some of what I say valid, how about saying so?

Do you realise how much worse it could be if I replied to the crazed ramblings of whisky-dave or the many faces of the Speed and other such trolls? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Care to cite anything I've said (often to counter your lies and BS re Brexit) that isn't true?

What, I stated those things out of the blue?

Then stop acting like a left brainer and demonstrate the slightest sign of empathy for the POV of others?

And you think I care about that?

She did, but re Brexit it's more like standing up to the minority of bullies that are looking to risk the future for the majority (now and those who follow) and for reasons you (fanatic Brexiteers) seem to want to keep to yourselves?

Why don't you post the facts that you *must* be working from where you can easily demonstrate that Brexit isn't just a racist / crusade / gamble and maybe I'll be on *your* side?

That or admit that it was just a gamble, remember that you 'won' and STFU about it and stick to DIY instead? (Difficult I know when the media cover stuff, typically every time some other thing the fanatic Brexiteers seem have not realised / considered would happen or simply don't care about).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yup, told you you were very limited (so in no position to judge anyone or anything).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

My goodness, you talk some claptrap, don't you.

Is it because you have only the correct half of a brain?

Reply to
Spike

Hi dick. I see you're managing to alienate more people. Time to look in the mirror and give that fool a good talking to.

Reply to
Richard

None - and that is kind of the point - when you do go off on one its often somewhere where normal people might be lurking, not tucked away in the deserted landscape of the lone ranting thread filled with trolls and sock puppets.

Indeed... but drift tends to the tangential and random. It does not always stop at Morris dancing.

Yup, I get that. I appreciate you have a different opinion, and you are obviously entitled to it. I have even engaged in rational debate with you on a number of your particular concerns. Having established that we don't agree on many of these, and that no one seems keen to adjust their opinion, I am content to forget it and move on, since that is not what I come hear for.

I am quite content to do that... I was asking if you could do the same?

But you were not replying to one of those threads, this one was on electric meters!

There we are discussing smart meters, security, SMETS1, radio comms, tariffs, power company agenda, what's in it for the consumer, how E7 systems work, and *blam* Morris Dancing!

Perhaps because there is still hope of redemption? :-)

Perhaps "those others" seem better able (generally) to compartmentalise, managing to concentrate the more obnoxious stuff in places where its easy enough to avoid, or by being so generally obnoxious and useless that hiding their entire digital existence carries no downside from my point of view.

(Now I will concede there are some others one could call out, like Why TF do people keep responding wodney?)

Its coherent, and intelligent and even interesting the first few times to understand the thought processes that lead to the conclusions drawn. Its the repetition way beyond that which becomes tedious.

You know how someone will ask a question relating to a problem with a computer that also happens to be running Windows? You know that someone will pipe up with "install Linux" or some such?

You think to yourself, please get a grip on reality - that is not a useful suggestion, nor an answer to the actual question, and in many cases not even a desirable or useful thing for the OP to do. But really you know its just a quasi religious response they feel compelled to do even though it just annoys any but the true believers.

That would be easy in one sense - you could share the bit bucket with wodney. However it would not do the group any good. There was a time when the signal to noise ratio here was exceptionally good. There were a good number of people with deep knowledge, wide interests, doing interesting stuff. Yes there was lots of thread drift, but quite often interesting, eye opening, or humorous - you did not have to work that hard to find stuff to enjoy, or even to skip the small amount of stuff you did not. That is alas no longer the case. Hence my desire to encourage folks not to piss into the tent!

Reply to
John Rumm
<snip>

But one scenario doesn't preclude the other. Any thread can be started by a troll and then joined by one of the more 'normal' posters or visa versa?

Quite.

Nor do many threads I join in with, just those that start or get onto Brexit somehow. However, many threads do stop with other common subjects that people feel strongly about here?

<snip>

Agreed, me neither, and certainly wouldn't have been discussing Brexit here if all the rules (I have complied with for years) hadn't gone out of the window. And this 'new way' seems to be considered acceptable to many, the std Patio Chat sorta thing (with the big main restrictions from all but the trolls).

It seems like you have forgotten how / why that happened, here is a reminder:

Jethro_uk: "How about smart meters that only draw energy from the suppliers consumers choose ? So if you sign up for a greeny windmill and solar tariff and it's a dull windless day, your meter delivers f*ck all.

*That* would be smart ..."

Me: Excellent idea. ;-)

"We can do the same with those who voted Leave (it's all traceable) and if it ends up costing all of us, *they* can be taxed to offset the cost."

Two light hearted responses to situations where people feel the majority are being penalised by a minority?

I'll look forward to that then. ;-)

Of course, on the points we disagree on etc.

<snip>

See above.

See above.

;-)

Generally (understood).

Good question. Because he's so slippery (in some cases)? Is there really nowhere else he could go to spray his various persona and still get the same satisfaction?

Ok.

But I don't think I'm repeating the same stuff to you (I try not to), partly because you don't tend to repeat the same stuff beyond a certain point. So if you read my replies to 20 different fanatic Brexiteers, you *will* see the same reply 20 times? That's not to say each of those 20 will have seen, remembered or understood it before?

I do.

No, but it *could* be, if the OP had never heard of Linux etc?

Agreed, that may be their reason for replying like that but it *could* be useful.

Ah, no, I really don't want to share *anything* with wodney!

Thanks.

Agreed.

Agreed.

So it seems. ;-(

Well, as long as I really am the only one doing so that you think you can encourage to stop?

It really does take two or more to Tango and I only end up repeating myself when people come up with different reasons to try to justify why they feel it's right to piss in the tent.

I don't care what reason they come up with to justify it, when the solution was to not drink the 10 pints in the first place? Even further frustrating when they can't explain why they did, especially when the majority in the pub didn't.

But I'll be watching this space and see if I can help. If only the request had come from a reminder ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, for me you would have to say Timmy or Timothy (you don't get this human stuff do you). ;-(

Ok, but that's often what can happen when people don't share the same principals or care as much about something (or something goes their way, even if only by underhand tactics). Look at how the minority who voted Leave have alienated themselves from the other 2/3rds who didn't. Even between family members? ;-(

Mine is a one way mirror and you (in particular) are a lost cause.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I think this this is much like many a peace process, If enough people stop shooting, and not giving satisfaction to others still doing it, there is a chance they might feel less encouraged to carry on.

It was a reminder :-)

Reply to
John Rumm
<snip>

Worth a try I guess. And what of the likes of harry or any other who just post inflammatory (non d-i-y) material / threads, just killfile / ignore?

Doh!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

Ignore. Several years of posters attempting to reason has not worked. Sit on your hands!

One upside is notification of the latest antipodean incarnation.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Niether does our electronic multirate meter, unless the total is stuck on 888888.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A lot depends upon how they have chosen to set it up. What the meter is capable of and how it is configured to perform are different issues.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Ok Tim / John. Let's see who gives in first! ;-)

<Types, deletes, types, deletes>

True. He is a strange creature for sure and I wish he could 'get a life' in Antipodia.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

John. You are wasting your breath on little Timmie. He is well across the autistic spectrum and sensible argument carries no weight. I have largely ceased to bother myself with reading his spouting drivel, along with Harry's.

Reply to
bert