Xmas lights

Following on from the fireworks thread
Whose local councils have already put up the xmas lights ?
I noticed today that ours are up in the high street
--
geoff

Them's probably multi-purpose lights up in time for Diwali and then carried over through to t'other evolutionary hangover wotsit near the end of the year. Plenty around London.
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0hotmailcom

Bonfire night ?
How apt

They didn't have them up for Idul Fitri (or Eid as others call it)

--
geoff

Not done Halloween yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5qJCEaTdr8&feature=player_embedded
#!
Cheers Adam

I wouldn't like to do them in December - I might be needed on gritting duties!
Don't assume they are for the Christian festival of Christmas. They are for WinterFest which includes lots of other culture's religions. Eg Diwali - Festival of Light. Funded by the business taxes from Indian take-Aways!
writes

Our village lights started going up this weekend. but then this all a voluntary thing so gets done at weekends. So:
1. They want to do it when the weather is dry if possible I imagine.
2. They need it ready for the switch on, which is the first Monday in December IIRC and don't want to be running around at the last minute.
--
Chris French