Isolating valve for flexible tap tails

I have bought a tap with 2 flexible tails (rubber washer for the seating in the connection).

I want to fit isolation valves - the ones I have seen have compression fittings at each end. I presume I want something a bit different to attach the flexible. Any pointers?

Reply to
John

Do the flexibles screw into the tap at one end and have a female with a rubber washer at the other.

Like the connector on the left end here

so the female will fit straight onto the isolating valve & seal.

If your flexibles end in compression fittings then a short piece of copper tube will sort it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> If so the female will fit straight onto the isolating valve & seal. >

Yes - female threaded nut - washer inside. I guess like a tap fitting.

Reply to
John

You can also get pushfit ones. These days I tend to use the ones with a proper "lever" rather than the screw head: I find these easier to operate. The "butterfly" type, e.g. BES part 11775 or Screwfix 21860 are fairly compact. You might also look at BES "mini ball valves" which are threaded each end.

Reply to
newshound