Wrong attributions

One of my posts* to this newsgroup appeared twice, but in neither case was it attributed to me. In one case it was attributed to "The Medway Handyman" and in the other, to "The Natural Philosopher".

Is this sort of mistake common ? What redress is there - if any ?

  • Re: Statins (OT) 04/05/2013 12:05

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

I can see a post from "Jim Hawkins" in that thread with the content: "The Great Cholesterol Con" by GP Dr Malcolm Kendrick" which both of the posters you mentioned, replied to. But there doesn't seem to be anything amiss on

*my* newsreader at least.

Sounds like it could be a problem with your newsreader, something corrupted in its database somewhere. The post made at 12:05 was by "The Medway Handyman", containing his signature: "Dave - The Medway Handyman

" according to my newsreader, he added "+1" as a reply to your post.

Have a look through the same thread on Google:

If it all looks as it should, the problem is on your end. Easiest way to solve it is to unsubscribe to the group, then re-subscribe and everything should reload and work again.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Redress - get a new news server/ news reader software. It is at yours/their end.

Reply to
A.Lee

It's probably corruption of one of the indexes in your own newsreader. To check whether it has affected anybody else, look up your posts on another service such as google groups or diy banter.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Sue yourself for being a nob ?

Reply to
Eric

Sue the group owner.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sue The Medway Handyman for plagiarism

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

The retribution you seek is probably worth all that you paid for the news server.

IE no.

We can forge anything or c*ck things up, but nobody would really care I suspect!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

you can jump up and down and scream, scream, scream your house down

tim

Reply to
tim......

I see your original post and both the replies you mention, they both attributed you, with correct levels of quote characters and your message-id in the references header, in short everything is correct.

Both replies simply added a "+1" as their body text, it's the modern

Reply to
Andy Burns