S-Trap Toilet Pan Choice

I need to replace a cracked LATOMA toilet bowl. As the house has only one toilet (and two women), I need to effect the repair very quickly. This means I need to find a traditional S-Trap toilet that will basically be a direct replacement using the existing cistern and perhaps a new down pipe.

So far I've found only two S-Trap toilets available:

Twyford Classic Low Level Pan Ref: CC1131WH, and

Lecico Atlas Low Level Pan Ref: UNWHSLLPA

I can't find either pan in stock anywhere locally to go and look at them, and I can't find a decent picture of the Twyford pan. Does anyone know which would be the better quality? Or which has the more efficient flush?

Twyford is a well known make, but the Lecico Atlas looks pretty good in the pictures I've seen.

One strange thing about the Lecico Atlas is the unusual external groove towards the rear and just below the rim. It seems to be a row of square indentations. What's that all about? Do you put your fingers in there to brace yourself when straining?

Any advice welcome.

TIA.

Reply to
Interloper

The usual thing these days is to use a P trap and a 90 deg bend/WC connector. Most manufacturers have given up on S traps.

Reply to
harry

Oh. BTW. Things are a lot easier if you select a non-close coupled toilet (ie you need one with a pipe linking tank and pan.). Otherwise you have no adjustment re the distance of the 4" pipe from the wall. You can cut the flush pipe to suit.

Reply to
harry

Close-coupled is a non-runner due to the position of the earthenware pipe rising through the floor (it's too far from the wall). I don't want to have to dig that out and reposition it. Hence my decision to use a S-Trap pan.

As S-Trap pans are still available, it saves messing around adapting a P-Trap pan with an unsightly lump of plastic pipe.

I still need to know whether to go for the Twyford Classic or the Lecico Atlas.

Reply to
Interloper

You will be unlikely to find a new one that just drops in, there is variation between different makes/models.

Who's going to go peering behind a toilet to see how it's connected?

Reply to
harry

I don't see a problem, other than with the existing cut-out in the carpet for the pedestal base. Once the S-Trap spigot has been aligned with the socket of the earthenware soil pipe, the pedestal base will be screwed to the floor at that position. Any other alignment problems will be resolved by replacing the L-shaped flush-pipe.

Well, me for a start! The S-Trap is a much neater solution with better flow characteristics than a converted P-Trap. It's also easier to clean. Anyway, I have a rule never to have any unnecessary joints, and the joint between the P-Trap and the plastic 90 conversion pipe is unnecessary.

I still need to know whether to go for the Twyford Classic or the Lecico Atlas :-)

Reply to
Interloper

I have no idea. Never heard of the latter! :-)

Reply to
harry

Neither, just remove the old bog, and leave the stub open that protrudes through the floor, tell the missus it's now a french style squat loo,

Reply to
Gazz

Even Twyford hasn't got the CC1131WH on their site!

Search Results

Number of products found for Keyword 'CC1131WH' : 0

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, I know, but I have found two outlets each with several in stock, so buying the Twyford Classic S-Trap Pan is not a problem.

There are also several Lecico Atlas Low Level Pans for sale on eBay.

I did find a Twyford webpage that detailed the CC1131WH, but the PDF file that was supposed to show the dimensions of the S-Trap pan in fact showed a kind of angled P-Trap instead.

Reply to
Interloper