Women and DIY

prepared to admit to it?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Lobster

I'm currently at 12 years for the built-in wardrobe in our bedroom, and I get reminded at least every 2 months, not 6. I've just this week done the broken tile in the kitchen, which has only been about 5 years.

Reply to
pcb1962

Worked for a lady today, list of loads of little jobs, nothing complicated.

Her comment was "my husband is a DIY f****it".

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mrs dense?

Reply to
geoff

Yebut, did you score?

Reply to
brass monkey

I gave up sex for religious reasons...

.....God made me ugly.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm still waiting for the bookshelves in my bedroom my father promised me when I was about 4.

40 years later, I won't get them now.

My mother thinks her teasmaid has been in the electrical shop for about 30 years waiting on being repaired, having forgotten I acquired it for bits.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Women do this too, you know.

When I was about four years old, we were on holiday at Hayling Island and my mother decided to knit me a jumper. Unfortunately she used the wrong pattern and the jumper was going to be enormous. Every summer we would go to the same place; every summer she would carry on with the jumper. When I was about fourteen, she finally finished it. It had about five different shades of colour since she'd only bought enough wool for the small jumper in the first place. It was still too big.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Why is there this assumption that the possession of a penis automatically means you are competant at building construction and maintenance?

JGH

Reply to
jgh

I used to think most people were intelligent enough to do construction and maintenance. however I have been shown quite a few cockups including and extension where the concrete blocks were stacked on top of each other with no foundation and no mortar at all.

Reply to
dennis

There's no point in rushing because they then just produce the next one on the list. Which job is waiting becomes immaterial !

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Well, there are quite a few ladies who are good at DIY, and I think half the problem is that people put them off with horror stories from days gone by. With modern tools and a reasonable bit of common sense anyone can do it in my view. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

AOL in spades!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Alas Brian - your view doesn't match up to reality :-)

Anyone "should" be able to. Thankfully (for me) they can't.

Wireless doorbells, sink plugs.......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I recall one (then) young lady who was very pleased when I introduced her to PTFE tape. She had been planning to plumb in a new central heating system using Boss White and hemp. Her only problem with DIY was that she had no head for heights - even going up a small stepladder gave her vertigo.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Your wife's cross?

Reply to
PeterC

Where do people learn common sense ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

That sounds like something from 50 Sheds of Grey.

Reply to
Capn Nemo

How does PTFE tape affect her vertigo as I get that too, do you tie the tape around your waste and tie it to a ladder or something ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave