The Natural Philosopher

In message , brass monkey writes

I really can't pass comment ATM

Reply to
geoff

Creaky chair ...

Reply to
geoff

I've got common sense. I just chose not to use it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Just started to draw my pensions and suddenly have more money than I spend - I'm working on that! I 'retired' at 42-and-a-half, spent about 10 years living frugally but far less unhappily than when at work, then the investments started to kick in and, along with a couple of wealthy girlfriends, it's been OK since.

My main reason for 'retiring' was due to getting pissed off with being in a factory all of a fine week and then being allowed out at wet weekends - oh, and pissed off with the non-management.

Reply to
PeterC

That was vaguely my plan, I've spent the last 20 years putting all my money into my pension. But, once I became unemployed the DWP turn around and say "assets!!!! - piss off!!!!", leaving me having to liquidate my pension in order to be able to afford to eat.

Why on earth are the DWP no subject to the same financial regulations as anybody else who give financial advice? If anybody else insisted that I throw away my 60-year-old's income in order for my 43-year-old self to stay alive, they'd be banged for financial malpractice before you could blink.

It makes no sense to invest in a pension. The financially prudent thing to do is spend all your life pissing your money up a wall and getting into piles and piles of debt, 'cos then as soon as you lose your job the DWP will welcome you with open legs and shower you with money.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

I'm a bit concerned about that last sentence. U mean there're full of ladies who'd practice, err I believe its called, water sports;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

When you say 'pension' do you mean a formal pension plan, or just your own informal set of investments for your later life?

Reply to
Andy Burns