Is this a gas connector?

I just found this (under a home-made blanking box) in the sixties bungalow I'm renovating for sale:

's in the kitchen wall, just below and slightly to the side of the electric switch plate for a cooker: until I removed the covering box I assumed that I'd find a 45A cooker connector, but it clearly isn't that (and on a side note, though there's an empty conduit buried in the wall from the base of the cooker switch back box, it doesn't emerge anywhere at all) - so is it gas?

Many thanks,

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Yes it's gas

Reply to
Phil L

on 23/08/2012, Bert Coules supposed :

That is a gas point for a plug in gas hose.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yup, standard self sealing bayonet socket.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I suspected it was gas but it's good to have it properly confirmed.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules