Wirquin Dual Flush - how does it work ?

Hi - I bought and installed a Wirquin MW2 dual flush from B&Q

The problem is I don't think its working correctly. If I press either the half or full flush and let go it flushes about half the water in the cistern. If I press and hold either button then it flushes the whole cistern. The only difference I can see between the two buttons is that the full flush lifts the plunger thing (that sits over the hole into the pan) a little bit higher than the half. Does anyone else have any experience of these and how they're supposed to work ?

TIA

Peter

Reply to
peterd

We have one of these and it's doing the same thing... I *think* that what it's supposed to do is latch the release lever in the higher position when you press the button for full flush - but ours isn't doing and I've given up bothering :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Fixed it ! The white plastic bit with two prongs that lifts up the flap wasn't clipped in properly.

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
peterd

On ours it doesn't seem to "latch" properly, sometimes it clicks into place but most often not - like I said can't be bothered it works just as well as push and hold :) :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee