Dual flush toilets

Hello,

I've got a dual flush toilet from Screwfix. It didn't come with any useful instructions on how to set-up the flushes.

Inside the cistern is a white cylinder with a green/blue button and a white button. There is a blue-green "weight" on the side that you can slide up or down a few inches, I presume to adjust the half flush but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

There is a line marked six litres on the cistern. I presume you are supposed to adjust the float so that the water fills to this line?

The water is resting on that line but when I press either of the buttons, the toilet flushes and the water level drops to about a quarter full. The half flush and full flush don't appear to be any different. I was expecting that the half flush would cause the cistern to only half empty.

I have tried sliding the green thing but even so, I can not see a discernible change.

They sound a good idea in theory, especially as we are metered, but in practise it doesn't seem to have any advantage.

TIA.

Reply to
Fred

I don't know the model you have and it's impossible to say how it should be set up without seeing it, BUT- such dual flush systems *do* work and are worthwhile, so persevere!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Can you taker a picture of it, and then upload it to somewhere like

then post a link here?

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

No real experience - but are you taking your finger off the button? Is the weight / float thing to push back when the water drops to a particular level? Keeping finger on could cause a main flush.

Reply to
John

On the subject of dual-flush. I don't have one but at times that I have used one I have been left wondering. There is usually a large button and a small button. Which button provides the half-flush. I can see that there could be a point of view that says that the large button is for the large flush and the small button is for the small flush. However it would seem that there could be an equally valid argument to be made for the large button being the more common small flush with the large button having to be used for the less common large flush.

I've never had the opportunity to remove the lid to see how much water is actually used.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May