Toilet dual flush problems

A dual flush (button operated) wastes water. When the cistern is almost full water starts to empty into the pan after a while it stops. any ideas please as to the cause and cure, or will I need to replace the flushing unit? It is only a couple of years old.

Reply to
Broadback

| A dual flush (button operated) wastes water. When the cistern is almost | full water starts to empty into the pan after a while it stops. any | ideas please as to the cause and cure, or will I need to replace the | flushing unit? It is only a couple of years old.

This is a classic toilet overflow running problem with a new twist, because the overflow runs into the pan in this case.

Take the top off the cistern, and you will find a float with a method of adjusting its height. Adjust this till the problem goes away.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

It's probably got a flap valve. Replace the whole lot with a siphon. Flap valves are a continual problem.

Reply to
Chris Bacon