Shallow IP5x/6x socket?

Can anyone recommend a shallow IP5x or 6x rated socket? The contractor fitting out my bathroom has bought (but not yet fitted) a gert ugly outdoor socket which, although it'll be hidden, will make the washing machine stick out from the wall too much.

I'd like to find a shallower alternative if possible. Unfortunately, it must be surface mounted - burying it is not an option.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Mike Tomlinson coughed up some electrons that declared:

The slimmest option would be to put a switched fused plate upstream and terminate the washing machine flex in a small IP6x box with cable glands to complete the sealing.

Is that an option?

Can you remind us (if you said before) what zone the washing machin is in (I assume Zone 2 rather than outside)...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Er, is a socket of any type (other than a shaver socket) allowed in any zone of a bathroom?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Is there no chance of any sinking of the back box?

eg the MK Masterseal 56500 allows the user to sink the backbox 20mm and use extra seals up to the finished depth of the socket

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , Dave Liquorice writes

No, but it's my bathroom and they don't have a problem with machines (or sockets) in bathrooms on the continent.

I've come to an agreement with the contractor that he will fit a suitably IP rated unit and if anyone asks, I'll say I fitted it myself.

Tim: yes, it's in zone 2, separated from the shower by a glass screen.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , ARWadsworth writes

I'll try, but the walls have been clad in a damp proof membrane which has then been dotted'n'dabbed. The contractor is insistent that the membrane should not be breached.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Since the 17th edition, yes. (Only in limited and probably unlikely situations though).

Reply to
John Rumm