Dual Flush Push Button Lavatory

Just bought and installed a push button toilet. It was all wired up and ready to go, just needed to connect the supply etc.

The thing is, the flush button is split into two, one half has one dot on it and the other half has two dots. I assumed that this was a full and half flush thing but whichever button is pressed, the cistern empties completely. Am I missing something here?

Inicidentally, it was made in the United Arab Emirate, lovely piece of kit but a bit of a sod to connect together and fix to the floor. It won't be booby trapped will it? :(

Reply to
Meoww

"Meoww" wrote | Just bought and installed a push button toilet. It was all wired up | and ready to go, just needed to connect the supply etc. | The thing is, the flush button is split into two, one half has one dot | on it and the other half has two dots. I assumed that this was a full | and half flush thing but whichever button is pressed, the cistern | empties completely. Am I missing something here? | Inicidentally, it was made in the United Arab Emirate, lovely piece of | kit but a bit of a sod to connect together and fix to the floor. It | won't be booby trapped will it? :(

It's intended for the Swiss markets where an environmental tax is charged for solids disposal. You press number 1 or number 2 as, erm, appropriate. The buttons would be connected to the local police station where a cyclometer display indicates the number of solids taxes you have to pay.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

er - it's not 1 April ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You underestimate them.

In the interests of scrupulous fairness and precision, they would have ultrasound to detect the mass of the passing jobbies.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've had a thought (it does happen occasionally). What if the, er, contents aren't solid but would still come in the category of No 2?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They'll have an inspectorate to cover that....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

An inspection cover?

There's one of those in next door's drive.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Team of civil servants. Either that or it'ss be a military duty. They all have to spend X weeks a year in the army, riding round on their bikes.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh. All those hills though ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm off to Halifax tomorrow, not back until Sunday night. See you all later.

You can talk about me while I'm gone in the absence of nothing interesting happening.

Somehow I doubt that, this is the most interesting and informative ng I know.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

S**t! I never thought of that, thanks Owain :)

Reply to
Meoww

We've got one of them, and yes, one dot is a busted flush. Two dots is supposed to activate a widget which keeps the polystyrene ball up a bit longer. You might need to remove the mechanism and play with it to see what should happen.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

If it's anything like the one we've just had fitted it is apparently very sensitive to the way you route the wire - this was all explained in the instructions along with a few other things... do you still have the instructions to hand?

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

Yes I do have them actually but they were reproduced in two colours, black and very black so their intelligbility is nil!

I'm going to night school in August to learn arabic so perhaps I'll be able to understand it from the written destructions...

Actually, the day after I posted, it started to work correctly. One but gives a quick (and I mean quick) flush and the number 2 is for exactly that (those?)

Like I said though, nice piece of kit. Didn't know such things were made in Arabaia!

Patrick

Reply to
Meoww