How do you turn the page?

Reply to
Tony Dragon
[58 lines snipped]

Trained squirrels.

Reply to
Huge

.

Those foreigners on the West side of the Atlantic don't have the problem of Truck drivers driving LHD drive vehicles on the left hand side of the road like we in the UK do, if a truck is showing European plates especially eastern ones then it is best to treat it like a lunatic holding a hand grenade and spend as little time as possible in its vicinity and get past as their blind spots are much larger. I found a second line of defence was a horn loud enough to be heard over the trucks engine and Hungarian gypsy music CD and imported a US Leslie 5 chime railroad horn in the early days of ebay and stuck it on the roof of the van to avoid unwanted attention,it was semi hidden by a casing that was formerly part of a van refrigeration unit.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Indeed.

I've wondered on occasion that if trains in the UK had proper horns like US trains which can be heard from miles away instead of the aneamic whistles or car horns a lot of ours seem to have which can barely be heard 500m away, there might be fewer incidents at level crossings.

Reply to
boltar

So how is the driver aware of the phenomenon if he is never a passenger, and not polite enough to hold the door open for a passenger?

Why don't drivers sue on the basis that they aren't aware?

Reply to
Max Demian

People who live near level crossings (or anywhere in a couple of miles radius) may not take too kindly to trains sounding a loud horn as they approach every level crossing. I remember staying with my sister in a small town north of Boston and the train sounded its VERY loud horn at every crossing in a long 20-second blast which drove the locals mad.

I think normal wig-wag lights are perfectly good enough, supplemented by a normal two-tone horn just before the train reaches the crossing. The big problem is footpaths which cross a line on the level, because they don't have lights and you have to rely on hearing the singing of the rails and the driver's horn.

Reply to
NY

I buzz a brick at it, and if I hit the book just right, the page turns.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Which phenomenon?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I don't have to be. I use the commonly used term, which is wingmirror.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You guys don't even know what football is. FOOTball is played with your FOOT.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Americans still use the spelling of sulfur which we ditched 100s of year ago.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You wrote nothing above you nitwit. Try typing before hitting send.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The phenomenon that, "Things seen in this mirror look further way than they really are."

Reply to
Max Demian

So he didn't write nothing,

Reply to
Max Demian

No, that's *sacker*.

Reply to
Max Demian

It's a statement of the bleeding obvious and therefore doesn't need stating. Look in a convex mirror for two seconds and apply brain.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Why would you need to? I know how big my car is, and I can see the inside of it. The outside tends to be in the same place (plus the width of the panels).

So they're catering for fuckwits. Typical health and softy legislation. FFS let the dumbasses die off.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ROFL, I once reversed straight into a Ford Ka because they're pathetically small. It was actually below my rear window. When he said "You reversed into me!" I said "I didn't see you down there, buy a real car".

Surely you know the width of the pavement/sidewalk and can see the other side of it. Oh my god how useless are drivers nowadays?

Please retake your test, you're a danger to other road users.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes, as I said I get a better view. And you're replying to the wrong person, please learn how to operate your newsreader correctly.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Vans have bigger mirrors.

Reply to