Windpower

Anyone see the irony of the recent power cut?

We are told by Turnip etc that wind power has no place in generating our energy. As the wind doesn't blow 24/7.

Yes when we have a technical failure of a large windfarm, and a conventional generator at the same time, we have a power cut which effected millions of people.

But the nuclear lot want to put all our eggs in the one basket...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wrong type of wind? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, at 12:23:44 on Sat, 10 Aug

2019, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> remarked:

One nuclear power station for the whole country? My, what a big one.

Reply to
Roland Perry

What do you mean all our eggs in one basket? I don't think they do.

Anyway, why do you think only having Nuclear power is relevant to the problem last night.

Reply to
Pancho

Dave is unaware (as ever) the problem was actually caused by the EU's

*stoopid* renewable energy policy!
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

All nuclear power does not stop because th wind drops, or the sun goes down.

Once again itsd clear the plowcunt is either terminally stupid or a liar in the pay of Big Wind.

Absdolutely if we had been all nuclear that would not have happened.

It was the lack of renewable generators to respond in the same way that thermal plant can, to a sudden loss of generating power.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't think anyone has ever suggested on large nuclear power station to serve the entire country

Reply to
charles

I am perpetually amazed at the extraordinary statements made by leftycunts, ecotards and remoaners. I mean they are nonsense even to someone with subnormal learning skills.

I cant work out if they are stupid enough to believe them, or think other people are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah, so that's why the population is increasing, ".... which effected millions of people.". (I think you probably meant "affectead")

Reply to
Chris Green

Not just one nuclear power station. And, preferably, not just one design of nuclear power station. This is not a new problem.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Pancho

Weren't the French thinking that they should limit the total proportion of nuclear power as they wanted a higher percentage of total generation from sources that could switch on quickly, to load balance.

I wasn't entirely convinced.

Reply to
Pancho

Or even "affected"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The 'best of all worlds' power is about 30% hydro 70% nuclear. 0% renewable.

France is close to that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You could be right! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

Typical! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

I told them they should mass produce the ones in submarines and tow them to where they are needed. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No one is proposing just the one nuke.

Reply to
jleikppkywk

Its is clear that the plowcunt actually is that stupid. That is also the reason that he's into unions and Labour.

He's not smart enough for that.

Dense is, but the plowcunt isnt.

Reply to
jleikppkywk

The nukes are running more or less flat out when they are online. And how fast can they raise load if not? When one comes back after refueling or statutary outage they seem to take a day or two to get up to full chat.

I wonder what the affect of Hornsea dropping off line when it's fully built and running at its plated capacity of 6 GW... That's four times the amount of capacity lost from the grid in this and the Langannet/Sizewell incidents.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice