How to level vanity unit.

See attached image. What would the recommended best option for levelling this vanity unit. It is approx 1cm out of plumb from back to front.

Use some shims to level. Trim the bottom to fit. Add a tapered trim to the bottom.

Ideas welcome.

ss

Screwy feet as used under kitchen units?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Strip of something white and water resistant under front edge, e.g. slice out of cheap plastic chopping board. And fix the unit firmly to the wall.

(I'm assuming it's the floor sloping?)

Or as other poster said a pair of adjustable feet at the front, fitted to the bottom shelf (but then there will be a visible gap).

Reply to
newshound

Floor sloping....yes.

I have some off cuts of white UPVC window trim and I am sure thats about

1 cm thick, I will look at that tomorrow. That could be ideal.
Reply to
ss

With either shims or screwy feet, you are going to need gallons of silicone to fill the gap at the front.

I'd try trimming the bottom, providing the unit's not too expensive and is replaceable if it goes all wrong.

Reply to
GB

If the unit is a stand alone that does not need to be level with neighbouring units then the neatest solution is to prop it in position using wedges to level it off. Then using a piece of wood at least as thick as the largest gap use it to scribe the bottom edges of the unit. Finally trim off the excess with whatever your favourite method, myself I would use a router.

An easier but less neat approach is to use UPVC trim which is quite inexpensive if you can source it from a UPVC supplier rather than the sheds. Mitre the corners attach with double sided tape and finish off and seal with silicone.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Poster already suggested this and I have a few off cuts so will try that tomorrow and see how it goes, that still leaves other options open.

Reply to
ss

I would be tempted to scribe a line and trim out at least some of the error. The sit it on a bed of plumber's gold. Once that has gone off, a bean of more plumber's gold round the perimeter to make a water tight seal to the floor.

Reply to
John Rumm

I am in the 1st instance going to try the UPVC trim I have to level it and see how it looks, then probably scribe/trim as my second option.

Using the UPVC trim as a first choice is less destructive should it not look good.

Reply to
ss

Update:

I used the uvpc I had and quite happy with the result.

Image.

ss

Yup neat enough... Did you leave the wedge (or similar) there so its not supporting the load on the PVC? (just in case the unit itself sags or racks with time)

Reply to
John Rumm

Nope, I did think about it after the event but by then I had it screwed to the wall and siliconed. The PVC is 2 inches deep and on 3 sides so hopefully should be ok.

Reply to
ss