Why do Screwfix want my mobile number so badly?

Screwfix dating, now there's an idea.

Even if he's useless in bed he can fix the wobbly shelf after breakfast.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Not necssarily, our phone can (and does) receive SMS messages as text. I'm not quite sure how it's decided to use text-to-voice or to send the SMS as text though.

Reply to
Chris Green

I don't think Andrew's will :-P

The line must have CLI display, then I think an SMS capable POTS phone makes a call to BT's SMSC number (17094009 or 0800587529) and that enables SMS delivery, rather than spoken delivery for the line.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maybe its a security issue, the old 200 ways to verify you are you paranoia which google seem to be fuelling these days, rather ironic given how they make their money.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Yes I mean I only use one email address on the phone or it would be pinging away all bloody day. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

IIRC from when the CLI was brought in for POTS the abilty to send a message is part of the protocol. Though I didn't think there was a back channel for the receiving end to tell the sending end if it could handle that part of the protocol. Early, stand alone, CLI displays couldn't handle messages, only the number and date/time. I have a early display unit (CD50) and SMS's sent to the landline number are read out not shown on the display...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

no content detected.

Reply to