White, flexible, combined floor tile adhesive AND grout for wood floors

I've been struggling to find a flexible (for wood floor) combined floor tile adhesive and grout...in white.

B&Q and Wickes do a readymixed adhesive and grout product for floors in brown, but not white.

Anyone any know of a retailer and product that will provide this?

Cheers.

Reply to
JustMe

You would be much better off looking for the products you really need, which are an (any old colour, may as well be grey) cement based flexible adhesive (i.e. powder, not ready mix glue stuff) and a seperate white flexible grout (or grout with flex admix) - again cement based is best.

White is a pretty stupid colour to choose for floor grouting though, at least in a house you plan to live in. If you do really want white, epoxy grout is your best bet, but it is a bit of a pain to apply.

Reply to
Bolted

Why?

Reply to
JustMe

You will cojntinue to do so.

The requirements for a decent cement, and a decent grout, are sufficiently different to make it a practical impossibility.

only diy disaater fiends use combined adhesive and grout,. Its bad at both jobs IME. Just abiut useable on cheap white wall tiles for a cowboy job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dirt.

I have to clean my grout with a scrubbing brush on me hands and knees. Waving a mop at it as she does, does NOT cut the mustard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah! I'm happy to clean them up every now and again. It's only a small space.

Reply to
JustMe

I've used just that. But it's dark brown, so I didn't use it to the top. I was hoping I could finish the grout with similar stuff in white (when I could find it), figuring that if it's adhesive as well as grout, it'd provide an even stronger fit. Obviously wrong. I'll finish with a flexible white grout.

Reply to
JustMe

Have fun. It really is better to go for a light grey or beige - with white, it never looks evenly clean (after the first few weeks), even after a scrub. It doesn't take much "off-whiteness" to get a more practical (and better looking, except for those same first few weeks) finish.

Reply to
Bolted