Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer?

I've repaired this knob once but it needs replacing now and the prices I've found so far seem rather silly. The model number is WDJ1285 and the part is called something like a dryer timer indicator (part # 526 on the diagrams, I think) Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

Reply to
no_spam

If you have any CAD skills, could you get one 3D printed?

It might not be cheaper than the original though (if it's a 100, yes, if it's a tenner, no). More of an option for unobtainable parts perhaps.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

On 23 May 2014, no snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com grunted:

I've never found anywhere that's consistently significantly cheaper than others for spares for electrical goods. espares.co.uk is normally my go-to place, but there are others.

If you're not fussed about matching knobs, or having a branded item, it's worth looking on ebay - loads of cheap variable sized knobs available there.

Reply to
Lobster

An interesting idea, but I think I've decided to bodge the old one. It won't spring in/out like before but I can't bring myself to spend £25+ just for the pleasure of pushing a knob in.

Reply to
no_spam

I've looked around but everyone is charging £25+ for a knob and cap ... I think a little araldite will have to do.

Reply to
no_spam

no snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

A pity the local gypsies that collect redundant appliances in many areas don't set up a business selling spares!

Reply to
DerbyBorn