Fox poo

Over the last few days what I think is a fox has left a 'present' for me on the path leading up to the front door. Think it's a young one by the size. I gave the path a good scrub with a strong smelling floor cleaner yesterday - but it was there again this morning. Any tips on discouraging it?
If you walk round here late in the evening, you're likely to see as many foxes as cats. ;-)
--
*Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

A shot gun can be quite effective :)
Andrew
On 23/05/2014 11:36, Andrew Mawson wrote:

A dog tends to discourage them. Or it may roll in the poo, and bring the smell into the house!

It may well roll in it, but it then will most certainly not be coming back inside the house until it has been well hosed down.
On 23/05/2014 11:36, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Or a few foxhounds.
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 23/05/2014 11:36, Andrew Mawson wrote:

A shotgun in Wandsworth? Goodness me!
On 23/05/2014 14:10, stuart noble wrote:

It's normally an AK-47 round there, I goove
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
On 23/05/14 14:10, stuart noble wrote:

Is a sawn-off still OK on foxes?
On Fri, 23 May 2014 11:36:00 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Doesn't that just scatter the poo around a lot?
--
AnthonyL

Tiger poo, apparently.
Or human urine
--
David

Fox poo has pointed ends. Like dogs they mark territory with piddle, often on bits of litter.
I don't have any discouragement suggestions beyond the permanent ones already put forward.
Foxes are regular and will visit at the same time each day. One goes between my barns and triggers the lights at 9.00pm most days.

--
Tim Lamb

Andrew Mawson wrote:

Why would you shoot a gun?
Bill
"Bill Wright" wrote in message

In order that the shot comes out of the barrel, otherwise it remains a loaded, but as yet not discharged, gun :)
Andrew
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Whoosh.
On Friday, May 23, 2014 11:19:32 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wash the location with biological washing powder - it may take a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work then a commercial repellant but these also repel cats.
Electrified mesh fencing is effective but to catch foxes it has to be low enough to the ground to also catch hedgehogs - who don't run away but curl up, get multiply shocked and then die. :-(
You could also try deterrent feeding - a nice juicy chicken breast filled with tabasco.
Owain

How else would one keep the Balhamites at bay?
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
On 23/05/14 15:01, Paul Herber wrote:

Balamites? Didn't god smite them?

Not too sure about that in Balham. I rather like my postman. Be ok for the Jehovah Witnesses, though.
--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

It's just come up on Gardener's Question time on R4. They reckon on chilli powder. Or lemon peel.
--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

For Jehovah Witnesses?
--
Bill