Karndean over vinyl - can it be done?

I like Karndean floors but I don't like the price of fitting them. I have a small bathroom and kitchen and a very good general builder who is happy t o fit the floor. I have an existing ugly vinyl floor in pretty good condit ion, which I think would make a reasonable substrate for the Karndean tiles . Karndean's installation instructions state that existing vinyl floors mu st be removed and all existing adhesive removed and sub floor prepared.

Since the existing surface is flat and damp-free, I can't see any logical r eason not to lay the floor directly onto the tiles (obviously doors might n eed to be eased). Does anyone have any experience of this?

If this can't be done, are there any alternatives to Karndean - I really wa nt a vinyl tiled floor, for ease, cleanliness and warmth underfoot.

Many thanks

Edward

Reply to
teddysnips