where to get a few small socket head screws

S&H has one of those nitro-fuelled r/c racing cars which he's forever tinke^H^H^H^Himproving. He's managed to mash the heads on some of the original screws and really needs some hex socket cap type (allen heads) to replace them with. Trouble is they're typically sizes like M3 *

8mm which are about £10 for a box of 100 from places like Farnell, and he'd need a few different sizes which would end up v.expensive and a lot of wasted screws left over. Anyone know a source of small quantities at reasonable prices? (I've tried ebay but couldn't find anything between bucketfulls of assorted M3s with maybe a few allen heads thrown in, and anodised alloy smarties at _really_ silly prices.)
Reply to
John Stumbles

Don't know if these can help have only bought kits from them and that was some years ago

Alternatively any model car or model boat stockists may help eg

who have helped with our glow fuel car

Tony

Reply to
TMC

This place has always been brilliant for me, in similar situations;

Huge

Hi,

Try:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

You might try some of those listed here, although mainly for vehicle restorations.

couple of the suppliers listed, Bernie the Bolt and Mr Fastner, although they don't have a website do stock quite a comprehensive range and supply small quantities, and are worth a phone enquiry.

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

Try Ebay, I've bought nice selections of stainless steel screws from a couple of suppliers there. You can mix and match to an extent and they will do 'custom' collections.

Reply to
tinnews