Safe / legal way to joint wall light cable

Hi

I have a couple of wall lights which I want to get rid of and replace with 5 amp sockets at skirting level so that I can turn table lights on from the switch which currently runs the wall lights.

I can't (easily) pull the cable back to room above and use jnct box as this is a modern house with HORRIBLE(!) chip board floors that are a pain to lift and never go back down right.

Is there a safe / legal way to joint the cable and then bury in the wall so that I can chase the cabling down to the skirting from that point?

I imagine it would need to be some kind of sealed (epoxy?) junction box.

Thanks for any help

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Etheridge

Crimp or solder and insulate.

Search for the "Buried electrical connections" thread earlier this month and ignore anything written by Alan Holmes.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Heh - thanks for the pointer, I missed that thread, and it's quite a funny one.

Reply to
Grunff

You could use one of these

you can use
these are the plugs

Tony

Reply to
TMC

You need some either some crimp "butt connectors", and a ratchet crimping tool, or a soldering iron and solder plus a couple of sizes of heatshrink sleaving.

Join the wires by crimping or soldering, insulate each wire with the smaller heatshrink, and then insualte the whole joined section in a larger heatshrink.

Reply to
John Rumm