Where to Buy Small Amt of Fiberglass Insulation

I have a very small insulating job. Foam insulation won't really work. Any ideas on where to buy a small amount of fiberglass insulation? I don't want to buy a whole batt, because I would just end up trashing all but a 1.5' piece of it.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I'll sell you what you need R-13 for 16" OC studding. $2 per running foot plus Flat fee of $5 for S & H priority mail in the lower 48 states. That way you won't have any waste.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

You can usually find pieces that small along the side of the road if you keep your eye's open.

If you need one batt and don't wanna buy a whole bundle, the building supply stores often sell individual batts out of broken bundles. (Menard's has them rolled up and stacked near the lumber desk)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Put the extra up in the attic, or wrap your water heater..

Reply to
Phisherman

Look for it in the plumbing section or other areas in insulation packages for hot water heaters or such.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A single batt is always useful to have around, with the unused pieces you can always insulate various cracks an crevices in attics, etc. If you really want a tiny piece, loiter near a construction site just after framing and electrical is finished, you may find scraps, or a sympathetic installer or contractor. May also find some in their debris bin or trash pile.

Reply to
Roger

What's it for? Go to a used-car-lot, and rip it off the firewall..

Reply to
default

home depot sells real tiny rolls of the stuff. I usually see it arournd the foam insulation section. It's used like a bat of cotton, you tear off a piece to stuff around windows and door jams.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

If they are building houses around you there will be some in the dumpster.

Reply to
Greg

Drive around and find a house being built. There will be a piece that size in the dumpster.

Reply to
gfretwell

replying to Colbyt, Lynn wrote: Hi, I'd be interested in buying approx. 6 feet of insulation at $2.oo a foot + $5.00 shipping. Let me know if that works for you?

Reply to
Lynn

Friend of mine sold his house and was moving. He had a lot of stuff to get rid of, so he contracted one of those roll off dumpsters. It was sitting in his driveway, mostly empty, he came home after being out for a few hours one afternoon and it was full. He said it looked like crap from some other house that was cleaned out. Cops told him it's a common problem. If it was me, I think I'd have looked through it to see if I could find an address, go over and if anyone is there, ask them how their stuff got in my dumpster. Dumpster company wouldn't gut him any break, either. They said their driver had gone by earlier that day and it was empty.

Reply to
trader_4